Reports to: Managing Director, DoSomething Strategic
DoSomething Strategic is a strategy group that uses data, research, and storytelling to helps clients reach and activate young people (Gens Y & Z). Our clients are some of the biggest brands and not-for-profits in the world, including Google, ESPN, Microsoft, Feeding America, and City Year.
We are fueled by DoSomething.org’s proprietary data from its over 6 million members involved in more than 270 cause initiatives. So, we deeply understand what motivates young people to connect with companies and causes they care about.
Not your typical agency, every project DoSomething Strategic takes on has positive impact on people, the planet, or both — and 100% of DoSomething Strategic's profits support DoSomething.org.
As the Director of Business Development, you will:
- help set the short- and long-term monetary growth strategy for the agency.
- be accountable for meeting or exceeding revenue targets from new client business.
- effectively pitch our brand story to grow our client roster.
- (eventually) manage and grow a qualified new business team as we scale up.
Our Director of Business Development’s main responsibility will be revenue generation through client growth & marketing. Internally, your responsibilities will focus on being a business partner to our Managing Director and, eventually, growing out a Business Development team.
- Growth & Marketing:
- Your primary responsibility is to source new clients that are perfect for DoSomething Strategic and lock them.
- Work with our Managing Director to develop proposals & pitch presentations that show potential clients the power of working with DoSomething Strategic
- Identify and determine viability and structure of new revenue streams for DoSomething Strategic
- Inspire and foster a high-performing culture of growth
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and secure key meetings at such functions
- Work with Advisory Board and DoSomething.org PR team to manage DoSomething Strategic PR activity, including trade press for new clients and key speaking opportunities for CEO of DoSomething.org and Managing Director, DoSomething Strategic
- Business Partner & Team Development:
- Work as both a direct report and thought-partner to our Managing Director to brainstorm, pitch, and develop business strategy.
- As we grow, additional responsibilities will include:
- Recruit and develop team who will lead the business forward
- Create and ensure the consistent implementation of effective new business outreach processes
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a strong and proven background (7+ years) in business development and exceeding sales targets, ideally in marketing, professional services, or consulting
- Is fully bought into our mission and naturally puts DoSomething Strategic and the team first
- Is ready and willing to roll up their sleeves and build something BIG with us
- Is an experienced communicator with proven track record of executive outreach
- Is able to navigate uncertainty and gray area successfully for all parties and lead to desired outcomes
- Is a team player who values collaboration and works well internally
- BONUS: Has a senior-level contacts in the consumer marketing world who are looking to engage young people
Select Perks & Benefits:
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s (and Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day -- office closes at 1:30), fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday.
- 100% medical and dental premiums covered. Yep, you read that right.
- Five (or 6? We’re losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have tea, if that’s more your thing.
- DoSomething Strategic is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
Pretty please, no calls.