We use email to not only keep in touch with our members and let them know about cool volunteer and scholarship opportunities - but also to create bad-ass creative experiences for them. The Digital Engagement Intern plays a key role in DoSomething.org’s email engagement strategies and member support practices. Working closely with the Data, Tech, and Campaigns teams, the Digital Engagement Intern will create innovative email communications for cause campaigns and other initiatives, come up with fun and innovative ways to help support our members, and basically make us look awesome on the digital front.
Digital Engagement Strategy
In summary: (1) Creating pretty and engaging emails. (2) Strategizing attention grabbing subject lines and (3) Evolving into an expert in the digital space.
- Strategize email experiences with the DE Manager and Editor
- Liaise with Campaigns team, Tech team, and Data team to push boundaries and create memorable user experiences.
- Stay in-the-know on industry trends and recent email developments and integrate learnings into digital engagement for campaigns.
- Use our style guide to design attractive, engaging emails to be sent to our members
- Report on email performance and use learnings to improve overall campaign performance using MailChimp
- Sync and execute on daily inquiries from our members, responding to them in a timely, fun, empathetic and DoSomething way
- Research and implement innovative member support practices.
- Support users when they are experiencing difficulties with campaigns
- Report on how implemented practices affect member satisfaction.
- A love for digital communications (texting, writing for the web, social media, content strategy, etc.).
- A passion for member support and making people feel appreciated.
- An interest in writing and learning how to write for teens.
- Excited about learning a new aspect of technology.
- Describing yourself as detail-oriented is an understatement.
- Interested in thinking about how data can be used to form strategies for engaging young people.
- Respects deadlines and works hard.
- Please include your cover letter, one page resume, names and phone numbers of two references, and describe yourself in 140 characters.