This position is your opportunity to become the expert on motivating teens to take action around the issues of physical and mental health. You will be responsible for brainstorming and executing multiple campaign experiences throughout the year on these issues, including our major campaigns Thumb Wars and Give a Spit. In addition, you will be our go-to health person and will represent us in conferences and to relevant strategic partners.
To kick ass at this job you need to be smart, have great ideas, and be a bit pushy (in the nicest way possible). You will take on mostly pre-existing campaigns (Thumb Wars, Give a Spit) as well as brainstorm new experiences. You will be working on multiple campaigns at the same time, so attention to detail is huge.
Here are the the areas of responsibility:
- Cause Knowledge
- Research the cause spaces fully. You’ll be steeped in research papers, conversations with professors, and ideally some field work, too.
- Understand how our audience is motivated to action around the cause. As in: how will you get teens to take the action you’re suggesting?
- Network within the field, so that our campaigns are supported by the smartest and most bad-ass experts around.
- Represent DoSomething.org in conferences and interviews as our poverty and homelessness expert.
- Calls to Action
- Come up with creative, fun, and impactful campaign ideas.
- Maintain a database of additional ways teens can take action on health issues.
- Provide support to Do Something members looking to make an impact on this issue.
- Project Management:
- Manage the entire process of the campaign - from brainstorming ideas to execution to finish.
- Create and maintain a detailed timeline and plan for the campaign.
- Work with multiple departments to ensure all internal and external partners stay on time and on plan.
- Help to improve internal processes to create the most efficient process possible.
- Be very organized. So important, it gets its own bullet point.
- Provide support to team members on campaigns outside of your cause space.
- We’re looking for someone with 2 - 4 years of experience working on the issue of health and youth - either professional or specific educational experience (you took courses relevant to these topics) work. We know this is a broad ask - a variety of experiences will be considered.
- Project Coordination Experience. You have run projects that involved working with multiple teams on a deadline.
- Passion. We’re a hard-working, dedicated team, and are looking for someone who wants to make a difference.
- A large amount of this job is working with other teams to ensure that they stay on deadline. Being comfortable with following up with people is essential - as is doing it in a nice way.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day -- office closes at 1:30) fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday (but we’ll probably bake you cookies if you do)
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes...)