Reports to: Director of Technical Product
At DoSomething.org we love what we build. We work to change the world. We use the same modern technologies and tools that you’ll find at the best startups. Come here to expand your technology horizons, build products that scale, and get your work in front of millions of young people.
- Produce pristine, standards-compliant, SEO-aware, sweet-ass code that makes us say, “Ooh that’s NICE”
- Work with designers, the product team, and your fellow engineers to build products and campaigns on DoSomething.org
- Front-end architecture and templating for DoSomething.org
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Experience with the theming layer of Drupal CMS
- Experience implementing responsive design
- Familiarity with version control (we use GitHub)
- Obsessively clean, beautiful code
- A keen interest in young people taking action for social good
Nice to haves:
- Experience with JS templating/MVW frameworks (e.g. Angular, Ember, Mustache, Handlebars)
- Experience with, or serious interest in, automated testing (QUnit!)
- Familiarity with PHP
- $2,000 for your setup
- 20% time - build whatever you want, 1 day per week
- Free health insurance
- Order as many books/learning resources as you want
- Unlimited Pac-Man credit
- 3 weeks vacation, plus the week off between Christmas and New Years, and summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day—office closes at 1:30pm.
When applying, please include:
- At least two URLs of sites or projects you have worked on with a brief (brief!) explanation of your responsibilities on those sites.
- Link to your GitHub account.
- Link to your online portfolio (if you have one).
- Link to your Drupal.org profile (if you have one).