Reports to: Digital Engagement Manager
We love our members. 2.5 million young people take action with us everyday and we want to make sure they have a baller experience each and every time. Whether its via Twitter, email, SMS or in person - our top priority needs to be offering them a highly personalized member support experience.
Your core role is to be the energetic and passionate voice in the organization that strategizes, executes and advocates for amazing member support.
- Member support
- You’re in charge.
- Sync and execute on all daily inquiries from our members, responding to our members in a timely, fun, empathetic and DoSomething way
- Work closely with our social media and SMS community manager to develop a cross-platform strategy, making sure all member inquiries are synced and resolved
- Set up efficient workflows for looping in staff members to get the right answers from the right people while keep our personal tone intact (never being afraid to point a member to a staffer’s twitter account)
- System Management
- Manage our third party conversation tool, ZenDesk
- This tool will come with an out-of-the-box FAQ / Help Center. You own the content and using the data on its performance to constantly improve them
- Make recommendations on what needs to be built out in the tool to make our member support workflow better
- Member Appreciation
- Build out a strategy for appreciating and wowing our members on a scalable level
- Everything from hand-written thank you notes to phone calls to surprise events at their school -- think through opportunities to make our members feel super appreciated and want to do more campaigns
- This is a huge opportunity to bring your creativity to the organization
- This will include building out a volunteer program to assist in member appreciation and support
- Scholarships and incentives
- We love rewarding and incentivizing our members to take more social good actions
- You will manage our scholarship program, selecting applicants and organizing their scholarship surprise moments
- You will also aid our marketing team in our incentives strategy thinking through what sweet freebies we can offer our highly active members
- Reporting and Monitoring
- We will look to you to understand what our users are saying about our product directly and indirectly so that we can make what we offer better
- You will do all reporting on user support, sharing with the staff all the awesome insights you’ve learned from talking to our users about what they like, dislike, are confused about, etc.
- You will also be doing active brand monitoring, scanning message boards and actively seeking out issues, complaints and feedback from our members (or potential members)
Requirements & Experience:
- Passion for social change AND user support (or as some call it, customer service.)
- You LOVE working with people and work really well on a team
- Excellent written & oral communications skills
- Understanding of teens, college students & millennials in general
- You’re on-brand: you'll be on the front-lines with DoSomething.org members. We need a voice and personality that embodies who we are. (cheat sheet: this is where you should read the DoSomething.org culture book, if you haven't already).
- This is an entry level role, but if you can wow us with any previous experience with user support or tech you’ll get a +1
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day -- office closes at 1:30), fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, and occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday (but we’ll probably bake you cookies if you do)
- DoSomething.org and is an equal opportunity employers (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes...)