Reports to: Head of Campaigns
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5.5million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 24-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward, fast paced startup. Our core product is our campaigns. We define a campaign as a clear problem, solution, and call-to-action around a specific cause. Our campaigns don’t require money, an old person, or a car, and have a material and measurable impact. Each campaign is based on verified evidence and is designed to scale.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative, innovative senior strategist to lead our team in ideating compelling campaigns that help solve the societal issues most pressing to young people. You’ll bring a fresh perspective on how we can create campaigns that resonate with young people and hit our organizational objectives and corporate sponsors’ goals.
- Oversee Our Campaign Creation. Your main responsibility will be to create and pitch ideas for all levels of campaign development and implementation. You will synthesize the ideas from the brainstorms you lead as well as do solo ideation to flesh out ideas and come up with unique, exciting campaigns that fit within DoSomething’s model. You will also have the opportunity to iterate upon our current campaign creation process to ensure we’re developing the most compelling and impactful campaigns possible.
- Research. You’ll research issues that our campaigns aim to fix. Before proposing a call to action, you will have vetted the impact through thorough research and conversations with strategic partners. You’ll also gather youth insights to determine if a call to action is accessible, compelling, and shareable among a 13-25 year old audience.
- Act as the Campaign’s Team’s Biz Dev Liaison. DoSomething’s Business Development team will provide you with a brief outlining the type of campaign a potential corporate sponsor is interested in. You’ll lead a cross functional team in the campaign creation process and oversee the development of the campaign proposal.
- Provide strategic direction to support creative concepting and design. You will plan and facilitate cross-functional brainstorms for DoSomething’s tentpole campaigns and corporate sponsored campaigns. You’ll foster and manage relationships with external creatives and freelance creative directors to ensure that we have outside perspectives represented in our brainstorms.
- User Insights Extraordinaire. You’ll lead user testing and audience analysis to gain insights into our core demo (young people!), and advise the team on how to best frame our campaigns to resonate widely with them.
- Brand Champion. In addition to working closely with the Biz Dev team, you will also work alongside our CMO to ensure that our campaigns meet our brand promise of being relevant, inspiring and never just meh.
- Storyboard the Campaign Experience. You’ll work closely with Creative and Product on developing out and codifying a storyboarding strategy for our campaigns that help inform the user experience and the marketing/PR strategy.
- Creative and solution oriented. Most importantly, you are a creative problem solver. You’ll create campaigns that fit within the DoSomething model and incorporate corporate sponsors criteria. It’s a fun puzzle, that you have to think outside the box to solve.
- Strong storyteller and master of synthesis. You love experimenting with different messaging frames and can come up with a dozen buzzy hooks for a single call to action. You understand that a campaign isn’t just a call to action but a story full of major moments throughout its lifespan.
- Insight Seeker. Ideally, you have a pulse on (and love) youth pop culture, but if not, you are an incredible researcher who knows where/how to identify youth trends and asks the right questions to uncover interesting insights.
- Speedy Executor. On average, you’ll have 5 business days to create campaigns for potential corporate sponsors, sometimes even less. You’ll need to work fast and as prioritize multiple pitches in the pipeline.
- Collaborative. You will lead a cross-functional team in brainstorming as well as work closely with Biz Dev, Marketing, Creative and Product teams to ensure that a campaign’s vision and goals can be hit.
- You’re hella passionate about what we do (duh). You believe in young people and you’re obsessed with getting young people across the globe to take action on important social issues.
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s (and Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day -- office closes at 1:30), fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday.
- 100% medical premiums covered. Yep, you read that right.
- Five (or 6? We’re losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have tea, if that’s more your thing.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
Pretty please, no calls.