Reports to: CEO
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5.5million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 24-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re looking for someone to manage our day-to-day operations, help us crush our goals, and lead strategic initiatives within the organization. You will be the right-hand of the CEO, a key part of our Executive Team, and help everyone on our team become better versions of themselves.
Most importantly, you get the job done. You’re nothing short of a complete badass.
As a key member of our Executive Team, you'll have your hand in a lot. That said, we like (read: love) focus here, though, so the majority of your responsibilities will fall into two main buckets: people operations and driving organizational growth.
- People Operations
- Team Growth & Retention. DoSomething has an incredibly talented, youthful team that are all looking to grow and learn. You will lead, coach, and develop the high-performing staff at DoSomething.org as well as evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Company Culture & Vision. Work closely with the Executive Team and the Head of Fun to create policies that promote company culture and vision. Plus, plan an amazing staff retreat!
- Finance and HR. You will manage our awesome Finance and HR team that is responsible for finance, HR, benefits, hiring, culture, and more.
- Driving Organizational Growth
- Goal Setting. You understand the difference between OKRs, KPIs, and metrics and will happily oversee the DoSomething goal-setting process and push us to be as efficient as possible.
- Strategic Initiatives. Whether we’re looking at implementing a new program or focusing our global expansion on India, you will be taking the lead on investigating and assessing new initiatives and opportunities for DoSomething.org as we grow.
- Strategic plan. Work closely with the CEO, the Executive Team, and the Board, to develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of our strategic plan.
- Organizational Management & Growth in Tech-Based Environments. You’ve led other tech companies or organizations through growth periods and know how to set the policies and structures that promote that growth. You’ve managed teams and are a pro at giving awesome positive & (not-so-awesome) constructive feedback. And, you know all of this looks different in tech-based orgs than in traditional orgs.
- Creative problem solving. We’re a scrappy place so we love people who come with three solutions to every problem that they encounter.
- Leadership. You know when to lead and when to follow. You know how to get introverts to contribute and how to get extroverts to (actually) be quiet.
- Passion for young people changing the world. You believe in DoSomething’s mission from top to bottom and are ready to transform a generation.
- "Fast-paced" is your bread & butter. Experience growing a fast-moving tech team a major, major plus.
- Fundraising experience a plus. When is it not at a not-for-profit?
- Public speaking experience a plus. There will be many opportunities for you to step in on behalf of the CEO and we’d like for you to rock them.
- The ability to mobilize 5.5 million young people to change the world (need we say more?!)
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday & Valentine’s Day off...and a half-day on Halloween. If you’re in costume. Seriously.
- A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, spontaneous Hamilton references, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Five (or six? We're losing count. That many!) different ways of making coffee.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes...)
Please, no calls.