Reports to: CEO
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5.5million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard, we move super fast, and we’re a bunch of weirdos. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 24-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re looking for someone lead the charge on DoSomething.org’s marketing and brand strategy as part of the senior leadership team. As CMO, all media (across donated, owned, and earned) will report to you.
We’re looking for someone who can juggle both big picture ideation (think: how can we hit 10 million members by 2020?) and practical implementation (let’s hit next month’s super ambitious sponsor goals). You bring in fresh knowledge, new expertise, stellar relationships, and lead the marketing and creative teams like a boss.
Most importantly, you get the job done. You’re nothing short of a complete badass.
- Managing a team. The marketing and creative teams at DoSomething are composed of incredible people doing disparate work from talent to graphic design to social media to comms to marketing partnerships (phew!). You are responsible for super-charging this team and ensuring that each person has what they need to crush their goals and keep us best-in-class.
- Ensuring Staff Pick Campaign Success. Every month, DoSomething launches 2-3 Staff Pick campaigns, large-scale activation initiatives, most of which are sponsored by marquee brands. Your team is responsible for the full 360-degree marketing of these campaigns: everything from social media, PR, and messaging to video creation and marketing partnerships. You will be keeping our sponsors psyched about working with DoSomething while activating 100,000s of young people to take action with each campaign.
- Building the DoSomething Brand. You own our most important asset. You’ll be working with the Editor in Chief and Creative Director (both on your team) to elevate how and where DoSomething shows up in the marketplace. Who should we be best friends with? What festivals should we attend? How do we boost our Net Promoter Score? Should we have our own podcast? Do we want our members to view us as their cool uncle? Their camp counselor? Or their badass, edgy older sister? Using a balance of intuition, marketing expertise, and member data, you get to help us solidify these brand necessities.
- Growth. DoSomething has massive aspirations and we need your help to get there. We’re already so proud of our 5.5 million members who take action with us every year, and yet we know that DoSomething has the potential to be even bigger, more important, and more impactful every day.
- Management. You have experience leading a team. You’re a strong manager and you’re pumped to bring that expertise to DoSomething.org to make the organization and our talent event stronger.
- Brand. You have a passion for building strong brands (and have done it before!) and are pumped to use your storytelling skills to build a strong DoSomething community.
- Communications. Yes, you know the press release is dead and you’re excited about what that means for the power of real stories, social media, SMS, and everything in between to tell the story of DoSomething to our current members, future members, and “old people” friends.
- You’re everyone’s BFF. Walking into a room and meeting new people is your thing; your passion is infectious. You’ve built meaningful relationships in the media, celebrity, influencer, licensing/consumer products and creative spaces throughout your career.
- Creative and solution oriented. You won’t take no without trying 6 other ways to get a yes. You think creatively about solutions (across partnerships, organizational pain points, etc). You get sh*t done.
- You know (and love) youth pop culture. You follow pop culture (guilt free) and the teen trends of the moment. Read: you may or may not have danced to “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran at some point in the last year.
- Growth marketing. You love product marketing and know that both product and content are critical to the future of DoSomething’s success as a top brand for teens and 20-somethings. You believe in the power of tech + marketing and want to be at the forefront of the limitless possibilities when merging the two.
- You’re hella passionate about what we do (duh). You believe in young people and you’re obsessed with getting young people across the globe to take action on important social issues.
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s (and Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day -- office closes at 1:30), fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday.
- 100% medical premiums covered. Yep, you read that right.
- Five (or 6? We’re losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have tea, if that’s more your thing.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer (Although we do reserve the right to discriminate against people who wear white socks with dark shoes...)
Pretty please, no calls.